Staying on Track to a U.S. College or University Starts Here!
ACT World High School
The ACT World High School program allows international students at risk of not completing high school due to the COVID-19 virus a way to earn a U.S. high school diploma and stay on track for admission to their U.S. university of choice.
U.S. High School Diploma Program
The U.S. diploma program is designed to provide international students with the required knowledge to earn a U.S. high school diploma and remain on track to attend a U.S. college or university. Students will be required to complete six predefined courses in the four core subject areas of Math, English, Science, and Social Studies as well as two additional courses.
The courses below were chosen to help demonstrate student readiness for the next phase of their education.
Area of Study Courses Course Description
In this course, students will study the relationship between the side lengths and angles of a triangle. Topics covered during this course include a review of right triangle relationships, angles and radian measures, circular trigonometry, trigonometric graphs, laws of sines and cosines, polar coordinate system, and DeMoivre’s theorem.
English American Literature The American Literature course provides students an opportunity to explore American literature from early exploration to contemporary works. Course activities are intended to strengthen student’s oral language skills, research and analyze sources of information, and create well-developed, consistent writing.
Science Environmental Science Environmental Science is a growing field of study. This course allows students to explore many aspects of Environmental Science: ecology, the land, forests and soil, water, energy, and other natural resources. Course activities help students connect scientific concepts and theories to real-world dilemmas.
Social Studies Economics In this course, students explore a variety of economic concepts and how they apply to their everyday lives. Ideas reviewed during this course include microeconomic and macroeconomic theory, characteristics of mixed-market economies, and personal finance. Students will be required to apply critical-thinking skills to make sound economic choices.
Elective Personal Finance The Personal Finance course is an introduction to financial concepts and how to make knowledgeable decisions when managing finances. During this course, students learn how to set financial goals, open bank accounts, invest money, make decisions about major purchases, and more.
Elective Strategies for Academic Success Strategies for Academic Success explores different types of motivation and study habits needed to be successful. The course encourages students to be responsible for their education by exploring varying strategies for success. Throughout the course, students will gain essential study skills for comprehensive note-taking, memorization techniques, test-taking strategies, benefits of visual aids, and reading techniques.
Why Choose ACT World High School?
At ACT World High School, our mission is to help students achieve educational success. The courses in this program were handpicked by instructional experts to ensure students meet the necessary requirements to earn a U.S. high school diploma.
- Industry Leader – ACT is a recognized, respected leader in connecting U.S. colleges and universities with students and helping students succeed.
- 100% Online – The ACT World High School diploma program is 100% online, so you can complete your course on your schedule.
- Fully Accredited Programs - ACT World High School is an accredited program of Hudson Global Scholars in partnership with ACT.
In order to earn the U.S. high school diploma from ACT World High School, students must:
- Have completed the U.S. equivalent of 11th grade.
- Have a working knowledge of English.
- Complete the full program of study:
- Program of study is defined as an accelerated college preparatory high school diploma program focused on creating an understanding of U.S. culture, math, economics, literature, and study skills, with emphasis on the skills most critical for student success at U.S. universities and colleges.
- Program completion is defined as completing coursework for six (6) courses and earning a minimum grade level of “C” or 70% in each course.
- Upload the following documentation to their student dashboard:
- All transcripts for grades 9-12 courses. Transcripts provided must be evaluated by an approved transcript evaluation service/approved academic credentialing agency. Students are responsible for fees related to the transcript evaluation services. View a list of approved transcript evaluation services.
- A valid and authenticated form of identification. For example, a passport or other government-issued identification.
- Enter the name of a legal guardian(parent) during the enrollment process.
- Acknowledge you meet all requirements listed above when completing enrollment.
4GB PC (Windows 7,10) or 4GB Mac (OS 10.7.5+) running the Chrome (80+) or Firefox (74+) browsers with high speed internet (2Mb+). Some courses may require Adobe Flash and Adobe Acrobat Reader.
The ACT World High School U.S. diploma program cost is $3,500.
Classes Begin April 14th
To get started, click the button below.ENROLL NOW!